[IP] Diabetes burnout

Although I haven't had diabetes nearly as long as some
of you, I too go through phases of diabetes burnout.
Right now, I'm dealing with an unpleasent/difficult
situation with insurance.  I'm graduated from college
(so my dad's will not cover me) but I have to finish
up a 6 month internship (that isn't paid, so I can't
get independent insurance, even at extremely high
rates b/c I don't have a "job" yet I work 40 hours a
week).  I've been cursing diabetes for these woes.  I
hate having it, I hate having to prick my finger many
times a day, I hate having to keep doctors
appointments, I hate having to remember to have
supplies, I hate having to try to figure where I can
cut corners to keep costs down, and I hate unexplained
bg (which I always seem to have, no matter how close I
stick to doing/eating the "right" way, I seem to not
react consistently).  While I'm never happy or glad to
have diabetes, I feel it is more of a curse right now
than I do at other times.  I know after I settle into
a job with benefits, it isn't going to feel as bad as
it does right now.  For now, I'll be frustrated with
diabetes, but do what I can, and enjoy the parts of
life I do like!

Maureen and Jude

Do You Yahoo!?