RE: [IP] Gravy

Thanks RoseLea. I have that same book and I looked there first. The fact
that the gravy was listed in with tomato paste and so forth threw me. I
figured they meant another kind of gravy. I had 120g for breakfast and
figured 20g carb as a guess. I was 165 2 after the meal, which is about
right for me, so I must have hit it pretty close.

I hate having to guess at these things. If the gravy is thicker or thinner
it changes the carb value. There's just no telling. Last night I decided to
splurge and I had a Dairy Queen Butterfinger Blizzard, a medium. I guessed
120g carbs. I bolused for half of it for fear I couldn't eat it all. Sure
enough, half way through I was full and couldn't finish it. A few hours
later I was almost 300. The girl who prepared it had absolutely LOADED it
with Butterfinger. I'd never seen anything like it. Had it been like the
others I have had I probably would have been pretty close in my estimate.
Just when you think you've got everything pretty well calculated, WHAMMO.

David