[IP] Re: insulin-pumpers-digest V4 #341

Hi Susan,

I respectfully disagree. Of course they (MM and Dis) don't package it, but they
BUY it!  They can tell the company to package the cannulas separately, and buy
that product as well. The packaging co. is not the one to go after, because
they don't care about us--they only have to satisfy MM and Dis. MM has to
satisfy us. They surely DO have control over the packaging, if they tell the
company that 1) they'll start manufacturing it themselves or 2) they'll refuse
to do business with them unless they package the product in this way.  Further,
MM could even break open the packages sent by the packaging co. and repackage
them separately themselves if they wished, but this would not be the best
(i.e., cheapest) way to go.

Any way you look at it, MM does have control over this situation!