[IP] colds?

I'm sure this has been on the list before, but could someone tell me what you
do when you or your kids are sick. Kev's had a cold for a few days and the
pediatrician said no infection, but his bgs are constantly on the rise. We've
raised his basals up 0.2 and even uped his correction ratio. He comes down
for a bit, but then right back up.  He doesn't show keytones, but his bgs are
running in the high 200s and low 300s.  Do I just keep correcting and ride it
out or what?

Thanks, Linda