>>>>>Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2000 15:48:25 -0400
From: Yerachmiel Altman <email @ redacted>
Subject: [IP] Diabetes Burnout

I've been diabetic so long I though Diabetes burnout was a POSITIVE sign...
(only kidding, but not completely).

I actually think I suffer from 'update burnout'.  After going on the pump 20
years ago and getting all the latest toys to play with and getting new meters
I am kind of in a rut.  I want something new and bold and exciting: how about
a glucose sensor that hooks up to the internal pump and keeps blood sugars
between 90 and 130 for weeks on end??

Am I asking for too much (I was 'promised' this device when I was 18 (22
ago for all you young whipper snappers) and my doctor was just beginning to
investigate the insulin pump as a tool (he really believed they were within a
few short years of it then and that's why he jumped on pump bandwagon so
early.  He really REALLY burned out a few years later, completely depressed
that pump didn't 'cure' diabetes (he was first case of diabetes burnout I've
ever seen in a doctor who didn't have it: he actually cared about his
and them getting complications really affected him!)