Re: [IP] You have to feel sorry for some people

On 12 Jul 00, at 20:37, Jennifer Sutherland wrote:

> A CDE has to retest every five years. I have three CDE friends who say
> it's a given. Sometimes the tests are about peds, or food, or meds, and
> it's never the same, but as they told me I could pass their test with no
> problem at all.

That's what I meant - the tests apparently don't cover changes in treatment
standards very well because there are so many CDE's who are still
dispensing misinformation.  It may be a case of "paper certification" too -
they memorize enough to pass the test and then forget it after they get
their results...  Whatever the cause, I've seen too many nurses, CDE's and
doctors who are still handing out the same "sugar disease" garbage from the
60's.  I've also met some who are very up to date and knowlegeable about
current practices - and this group seems to be growing, although very slowly.

Rev. Randall Winchester
WD4HVA (email @ redacted)