[IP] ACE inhibitors

> Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2000 12:49:02 -0700 (PDT)
> From: Alecia Wesner <email @ redacted>
> Subject: [IP] ACE inhibitors
> I need some information on ACE inhibitors.  Pros and
> cons kinda stuff...this is suddenly on my horizon.
> thanks.
> - -Alecia
By that do you mean protein in the urine?  Diabetic kidney damage?  I began
taking monopril, now on  (at first 10, then when the doctor saw the number
on the protein, he increased it to 29mg)20mgs, about 2 or 2 and a half
months ago because of urine protein.  I have had good results in that,
before, my ankles were quite swollen and now are not so.  I am not sure if
it is just the ACE inhibitor or the pump which is also new, could be ac
ombination of the two (better control of sugar).  I have had no negative
effects so far and eventually willhae another 24 hour urine to see how it is
really working.

I feel panicky about missing taking it!  I reach for teh pill first thing
each day so that I won't forget it.  I see it as something that is going to
help me preserve my kidneys.

I am not sure what else you want to know about them but that is my
experience.  Hope it is helpful to you.

My Home Page
Painter, Poser, Expression,  WET Images, MidC Images