[IP] Potatoes & carrots

Roselea wrote>
> Jan with BludaSue wrote:
> >>He posted today very upset that a recipe was
> on a DM website that included potatoes and carrots. He has always known
> DMers cannot eat potatoes and carrots >>>

> Was this mostly diet guidelines for Type 2's?  I've been D for 37 years
> have never been told that I couldn't eat potatoes and carrots.  I've
> eaten them, but in the quanities considered for one bread exchange (in the
> olden days, boy do I love carb counting!)...
> RoseLea and Max.. sure glad things have changed...

I think that is one of those things sort of like *rumors.* I had an uncle
who at 72 read all the labels; if sugar was in it he wouldn't touch it. If
no sugar he at volumes. I think the general public just doesn't know. When I
was dx'd (11.5) the ONLY thing I knew about DM was a younger friend had told
me a few years before that she had an uncle who had to eat 1 spoon of sugar
a day to keep from getting sugar diabetes. Sure glad she didn't tell me
about lovemaking, too.  In 50 years of DM, yesterday was the first time I
heard I wasn't supposed to eat potatoes and carrots.  Ahhhh, the lack of
education running around that we need to correct. I'm sure the professor is
a learned man, too!
Jan with Bluda Sue (as opposed to Elvis - although his full-sized painting
was on the men's bathroom door in the restaurant we ate in last night and I
wanted my pic next to it.  Jan and Elvis - Wrong Jan - Wrong Elvis!!)