[IP] MiniMed Remote

In a message dated 7/13/00 12:27:47 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:

>  Does anyone have the Minimed 508 with the remote?  I got the 507C just
> before
>  they brought out the 508, and am grumpy about it, 'cause I covet that
>  which would save alot of bother hiking up dresses in restaurants.  Don't
> know
>  if I covet it enough to trade up and spend the $$$.  If you have it, how
>  useful do you think it is, and does it work well?

I have been unable to use my remote in restaurants ( or any noisy situation)
as I can't hear the beeps and am never sure that the insuling is being
delivered.  I have practiced and practiced and I still can't get it right.
One time I was POSITIVE that I did everything right, althought I couldn't
hear the beeps, and later found out that my insulin hadn't been delivered at
all.  The vibrate mode on the pump drains the batteries much to quickly for
me.  Anyways, I haven't found the remote useful for the situations in which I
would use it.