[IP] Waiting For AIc

Eric waited 7 wks for his A1c - interesting.  Our appt. with endo this week
was at a new location.  Our Endo. is meeting us at a hospital only 1hr from
home, vs our usual 2hr drive.  He brought the A!c machine (small, portable)
and did the test right then and there, from a fingerprick. It took 6 minutes.
 I asked him if this was the same machine the lab used - he said absolutely.
I asked him why the lab takes a whole vial of blood to do the test - and he
said he didn't know - that it wasn't necessary.  Only needed a fingerprick.
And yes, it also takes the lab only 6 minutes, with the same machine.  I
can't see any endo. not having this machine right in his office.  Luckilly,
we've always, all these years, gotten out A1c at each check-up, right then
and there.  Was interesting to see it done this time though.  Holly