[IP] Diabetes Burnout

I think each of us has had diabetes burnout at least several times in our
lives. I know I have. In fact I used to think that one of the complications
of Type 1 diabetes was depression. My psychiatrist friends feel it might be.
I don't know how one could demonstrate it. I know I have had it and still
have bouts of it. It takes great faith to accept diabetes as a fact of life
and I today just consider it a pimple on the A*S of progress albeit a
painful one. Next week I could feel different I could get really bummed out.
It helps if you can do other things that are not impacted by your 'betes.
playing a musical instrument or listening to some really spiritually moving
music, going to a concert or opera Sitting in the recital hall of a music
school and watching the little kids show their stuff. Very satisfying. Also,
mentoring kids in an inner-city school or reading to shut-ins. Doing meals
on wheels or visiting shut-ins.  In short you need to do something which
will help you find peace within your self because the 'betes takes that
away., Spot