Re: [IP] Diabetes Burnout

     Coincidentally, I was checking out the "program notes" at
www.diabetesstation.com & who should be profiled in the 11th entry on the
page but William Polonsky,the author of this book "Diabetes Burnout" that you
just bought!! Here's the URL and the hyperlink:
http://www.diabetesstation.com/notes/notes_0700.htm#levine <A
Notes: July 2000</A>  Dr. Polonsky will be the "guest" at the "station" on
July 24th at 9:00 EST speaking about "diabetes, depression & coping". The
full schedule is listed here: <A
HREF="http://www.diabetesstation.org/schedule.asp">Schedule for July 2000</A>
     And..if you scroll down to the bottom of the page, you can all see my
daughter Melissa, who will be hosting a Teen chat tonight (not yet on the
schedule) at the "station" at 7:00 EST! I told our cyber friends this can be
her "15 minutes of fame"...except it actually lasts 60 minutes!
     If you're not already acquainted with this outstanding resource, you
should all check it out. I "attended" a session last week in which 2 of the
researchers responsible for the Edmonton islet cell transplants spoke freely
& candidly, responding to the many questions posed by the participants. You
can read the actual archives of the session ( and many others too) at  <A
HREF="http://www.diabetesstation.org/archive_index.asp">Diabetes Station
Archive Index</A>. I'm in awe of Deb Butterfield (who created the
"station")'s ability to get these top "names" in the diabetes field to
guest-host & share their knowledge with those of us who thrive on being
empowered & informed patients.

Regards, Renee ( Melissa's pump-mom,advocate & now stage mom too!)