Re: [IP] endos and saline

When I ordered my pump and got it, I also went right on insulin.  I did,
however, do a short saline trial (for 2 days) with a pump from my endo's
office just to try it and see if pumping was what I really wanted to do and
if I could handle being hooked to the pump all the time.  For anyone who's
not real sure, a saline trial on a loaner pump from the doctor's office can
be a good thing, since you'd hate to get a pump, try it and decide you don't
like wearing it.  You may even have the option of trying the different pumps
to see if you like one more than the others.  For children, I imagine they
(the doctors) want to do a longer saline to make sure the child understands
how to use the pump.

RoseLea and Max...