From: email @ redacted [mailto:email @ redacted]On Behalf
Of Michael
Sent: Thursday, July 13, 2000 4:32 AM
To: email @ redacted
Subject: Re: [IP] Tape problems

> Anyone have any suggestions on how to keep the tape on while
> swimming.  J.D. has only been in the water once because the tape
> comes off and then he looses his sight.  He will only go swim on
> days that he changes his sets.

experiment with several tapes

IV3000
Kendall Polyskin II
Tegaderm

and try various skin preps
Smith & Nephew IV prep

stronger
Mastisol
Tincture of Benzoine

make sure to let the skin preps dry throughly.

The set + tape is best applied after a shower with real clean skin.
If sweat is a problem, prep the area first with a stick
anti-perspirant and let dry -- wipe any excess off, then prep as
normal with other materials.