Re: [IP] endos and saline

An "endo" is an endocrinologist.  That's a doctor who specializes in
metabolic disorders, diabetes being one of them.  I believe that when people
are pumping with saline, it's to orient them to the procedures of pumping
without insulin.  I imagine that they are still giving injections of insulin
until the transition to insulin in the pump is made.  When I started on the
pump 5 1/2 years ago, I was put right on insulin.  Never heard about pumping
saline until reading through this site/messages.  Good luck with your pump!!