Re: [IP] Medical Procedure

No, it does not.  I didn't have to cut my basal rate in half
when I had surgery.  The way I understand the basal rates is
they are supposed to keep you at a generally level glucose
reading whether you sleep, eat, or not eat.  The only time I
adjust my basals is when I am exercising or am traveling in
the car long distances.  Hope this helps.
P.S.  I would make sure your wife is getting a saline IV and
not a glucose one.  Otherwise, she will have problems with
her blood sugar levels.