Re: [IP] Medical Procedure

Nope doesn't sound right in the least.  Well for me that is.  In the pat
six months I've had 4 medical procedures done, and did not make any
adjustment to my basel rates.  If anything you need more insulin because
you're stressed out which increases blood sugars.  Mind you it can do just
the opposite for some.  Truly a case of YMMV.  In addition to having the
procedure, depending on what meds they give you may increase her blood
sugars too.  The only thing I can see by cutting her basel rates in half
after midnight, is waking up with a high bs, which would be
bs.  <hehehe>  Sorry, I thought that was pretty clever.  :-)  Personally I
think they just want to make their job easier.  I don't know how long
she'll be out, but they need to test her bs's.  Maybe in the am, cut her
rates back during the procedure, just to be on the safe side.  This is just
my opinion based on my experience of many surgeries/procedures in my 37
years of diabetes.