[IP] Blast from the Past

> From: Kerri <email @ redacted>
> Subject: [IP] a blast from the past
> I thought some of you might appreciate this (especially Jan!) My
> mom and dad are visiting with us from Arkansas and they brought
> with them an old insulin pump <snip> Wow - has technology changed!!!) It
is an
> Auto-Syringe model AS-6C Syringe Pump and it is about the size of
> a checkbook but close to an inch thick, and black in color (with
> black leather case.) It weighs about as much as a walkman-type
> radio/cassette player, maybe a little heavier. I also have a
> small box of accessories including the auto-syringes (3cc
> luer-lock tip syringe w/23g 1" needle), some Op-Site, <snip> After seeing
> this pump, my daughter was VERY thankful that her pump is so
> small and compact! :)

Thanks, Kerri. If anyone wants to see my checkbook-box size pump it is
accessible through my website where it says PHOTOS. Fortunately we took a
pic before I got the king-size cigarette pkg one 6 wks later. I have
recently heard people complain about the largeness of our pager ones. HA!!!
And, I still use Op-Site. It is available through MiniMed and I've been
pumping 17 yrs (next mo.). I'm allergic to a lot of tapes and it works very
well. I never see it listed in Michael's suggestions.  It is by Smith +
Nephew #4575. It has a green strip on one end that I fold under onto itself
for a grabber to remove it.  My display table of DM memorabilia for my 50th
anniv. BASH will cover about 12' including identifying labels.
Jan (61 y/o, T-1 11/5/50, pmpg 8/23/83) & Bluda Sue (MM507C, 3/99)  webpage