[IP] a blast from the past

I thought some of you might appreciate this (especially Jan!) My
mom and dad are visiting with us from Arkansas and they brought
with them an old insulin pump that someone had given to them to
give to me (they said I could have it as a backup although I have
no plans to use it - for one thing, it's bulky and for another, I
have no idea how to work this thing, but it's pretty cool
nonetheless. Wow - has technology changed!!!) It is an
Auto-Syringe model AS-6C Syringe Pump and it is about the size of
a checkbook but close to an inch thick, and black in color (with
black leather case.) It weighs about as much as a walkman-type
radio/cassette player, maybe a little heavier. I also have a
small box of accessories including the auto-syringes (3cc
luer-lock tip syringe w/23g 1" needle), some Op-Site, battery
w/charger, small screwdriver, and infusion sets (auto-syringe
micro-volume infusion set - 107cm/42" tubing, 1.5cm/0.60" needle,
27g needle, 0.06cc per 30.5cm/12" tubing deadspace.) After seeing
this pump, my daughter was VERY thankful that her pump is so
small and compact! :) I am going to bring this with us to her
endo appt this month. I'm sure her dr will get a kick out of it.
Well anyway, just thought I'd share!

Take care, Kerri, alulitsuti (mother of many children)
"I have been to the end of the earth. I have been to the end of
the waters. I have been to the end of the sky. I have been to the
end of the mountains. I have found none that are not my friends."
Navajo proverb