[IP] Drinking and BGL control

<<  Does  anyone out there drink at all and if so, how do they monitor their
blood sugar and stay in the normal range? >>

I don't drink much, but I understand that drinks can raise BGL levels
(depending on the CHO in the drink, which may be a little or a lot) and then
the alcohol can lower BGLs later on.

Sweet wines and drinks with lots of sugar can raise BGLs quickly.

Fat can slow the absorption of CHO, so having some fat with CHO might be a
good way to keep from going low later on.  It can be a big problem to drink
and sleep because you can go low when asleep... and not wake up.

The important thing is to TEST!!!!!  Having someone to take care of you might
be a good idea too.