[IP] Re:IP Pumping @ School

In a message dated 7/11/00 3:38:43 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:

<< You need to meet with school personnel to get an Act 504 in
 place.  YOU determine what Cory's needs are at school and they
 legally have to accept it.  They may try and tell you differently,
 but rest assured you are within your legal rights to demand that Cory
 have the right to treat his diabetes appropriately when and where
 necessary.  Anything less is unacceptable!

Cindy I KNOW that what you say is true BUT this has been a major battle that
is still unresolved at Cory's school.  This year he will go to middle school
so we are hoping things will be better.  I have absolutely refused to sign
his 504 because it does not begin to cover his needs.  We have exhausted
school and district levels and are now working with the state on this issue.
It seems that the school is willing to budge a little now that we have gone
this far and had to hire an attorney!  We're hoping we can get things rolling
real soon.