[IP] All Members Please Read!

Ok I have noticed allot of messages going to the IP list that need to be
edited and instead of sending out numerous emails to the individuals I
thought I would send out a general post and hopefully save some time on
typing and keeping track of messages.

So here it goes:

1.  All Members should have read the Guidelines of the Group (Netiquette)
Located at http://www.insulin-pumpers.org/netiquette.shtml

2.  In the Netiquette it asks you to "Clip" the message to
line/phrase/portion of the message you are responding to.  This helps
lighten the load on the server and helps those members that must pay for
Net access to download their email.

3.  Change your Subject headings to what the message is about.  One example
is to change the Digest Subject line.  This helps members decide what the
subject matter is and helps our Search engine for the IP list.

4.  Do not send email to the IP list that has several Email discussion
groups in the To: CC: or BC: headings.  If you wish to send the message to
other groups as well please send it separately.  One example of this is not
to send a message to both the email @ redacted and the
email @ redacted groups in the same  To: heading ..  this causes the
Adm team ALLOT of headaches (and I am sure it causes the CWD site problems
also) since if the members of the other list hit  "Reply All" it sends a
message to the IP list also which if they are not a member the message will
get bounced to the Adm staff who must hunt the person down that sent the
message and determine if the are a member that is using another email
address or just not a member at all.  That may not seem like much but just
remember how large our and other groups are.

5.  This one has not been much of a problem but I thought I would toss it
in..  I think this Clipping explains it the BEST:

         The sending of any unsolicited email advertising messages to our
mail servers will result in the imposition of civil liability against
you      in accordance with Cal. Bus. & Prof. Code Section 17538.45.

6.  and last but not least here is another clipping:

         Flaming will not be tolerated. "Flaming" is what people do when
they make an emotionally opinionated comment using language     intended to
be confrontational. For this list, flaming is defined as personal attacks
and/or criticism of another list member that have         the effect of
holding another person up to harsh ridicule, demeaning them as a person, or
otherwise inflicting hostility or anger on    them. What one person may
understand to be friendly kidding, another may perceive as hostile flaming.
To help control the flaming       impulse, remember:
                everyone has an opinion, a life, and a value; don't try to
demean that
                be kind and think twice before responding; sometimes the
most appropriate response is a nicely worded private
e-mail            instead of posting to the list
                flaming helps no one, not even yourself; remember you may
be losing the respect of hundreds of people you have never
even               seen before
                repeated flaming offenses will result in your list
membership being revoked.

Thank you for reading this and If you have any Questions/Concerns feel free
to contact me or the Help Address which is added to the bottom of  EVERY
message that is sent to the IP list.

Brian Carter