[IP] Re:pumping @ school

<< He started pumping in July, so we had a month and a half to
 prepare before school started.  That helped a lot.
 Cindy, mom to 13 y/o Noah, dx at age 9, pumping since 7/99 >>

I struggled all last year to keep Cory away from the clinic.  His B/S was
constantly high or low so he spent a lot of time there.  After many, many
rounds with school officals I have it settled that he can at least test his
B/S and handle snacks in his classrooms under certain guidelines.  The
problem is he will be starting middle school and all that will be so new for
him.  When he gets a pump that too will be new so I am wondering if it would
be best to go to the clinic at first so that he can be "supervised."  I am
even considering meeting him there and overseeing it myself, but I don't want
to embarras a child who is hitting those pre teen years!
To test in the clinic brings up the problem of missing class time AGAIN this
school year!