[IP] thyroid

> I have 4 of the symptoms, I also think there was something about
> fingernails, but I don't remember what it was.  Anyways, been tested
> numerous times for thyroid always comes back normal.  Have gained weight I
> can't lose, endo just says I have a "very deficient metabolism".  I eat
> little, hubby says a bird couldn't live on what I eat.  And, now basal
> this morning was 97.8.  So, how do you convince an endo you might have a
> thyroid problem?
> RoseLea

I had a throat bulging so big I couldn't button a size 16 blouse. I
choked while sleeping (scary) and was losing hair, etc., etc.  My tests came
back normal - all of them usually do. My thyroid had been *watched* for 15
years at that point. I told the GYN about it. He said to tell my PCP again
and if he wouldn't put me on 'throid med, he would. I did, PCP did and in a
short while I could button a size 12 blouse.  Them was the Good ol' days -
wish I could get into a size 12 again - I'd wear the tag on the outside to
brag!!  I've discovered Edy's Mint Chocolate Chip ice cream and pumping can
take care of it. 8^(  NO! 8^)  So tell another doctor of your symptoms and
thyroid problems are common with DMers. Someone else may put you on a small
Jan (61 y/o, T-1 11/5/50, pmpg 8/23/83) & Bluda Sue (MM507C, 3/99)  webpage