[IP] Spoiling children

> While I can't allow certain bad behavior even when he's high
> (he can't hit his sister, for example), I try to tolerate and spoil
> him as much as possible whenever he's high.  Maybe I'm just soft
> and/or foolish -- but I am absolutely convinced that the bad behavior
> / tantrums are due to the levels far more often than not.

I don't recall (Hillary Syndrome) who wrote the above - but it makes no
difference. I was a spoiled child and it's no fun. I'm going to get picky
here and state that there is a BIG difference in loving and spoiling. A
tasty dish is a treat - we won't (or shouldn't) eat something that's
spoiled. Spoiling children, I think (in my also not so humble opinion) does
a great disservice to a child. So probably the above is just worded
incorrectly - however, I DO see spoiled children and it's not the brat's
fault. Many of us still have issues with our parents - now is the time to
prevent or ward off those issues for people with small ones. Love them and
love them and love them, but don't let them *beg* you down. Stand firm on
what you say or don't say it. {{{{{{{cyberhugs to you and your
children}}}}}}  I'm sure Sara Smarty Pants can word this so much better.
And, YMMV.
Jan (61 y/o, T-1 11/5/50, pmpg 8/23/83) & Bluda Sue (MM507C, 3/99)  webpage