[IP] Re: Help with bread please please!!!!!

>I could use some help right about now. Ryans numbers have been so
>high lately and they are so high I am ashamed to put them on here so
>I wont. Anyway it has been going on for a while but this last 2
>weeks have been the worst and we tried site changes and  new insulin
>and site changes and he stayed high.My question is does anyone use a
>bread maker as it just hit me today that maybe that is what it was
>and I cut some bread and weighed it and he would need like 8 units
>for a  sandwich which he has not been taking so that is why he is
>probably so hight but still why he does not come down with the hight
>boluses. One night he had like and extra 20 units over about 5 hrs
>and still did not do much????? Anyway if anyone does use a bread
>maker how does it work for you it just is so heavy. Any thoughts
>would be great. Thank you and I have also been increasing basals now
>so I will see if that helps any. Oh the joys of this disease.
>                                            Lori
                                             Ryans mom

Hi Lori,

Could Ryan be rebounding?  You've ruled out a bad site and insulin.
Noah is getting a lot more exercise (due to summer and no school),
and had an occasion where he was on rebound highs for a while and
bolusing to correct didn't work.

Is it white bread you're making?  Noah bg's shoot up and stay there
for hours when he eats a lot of white bread unless it has a
substantial amount of fiber in it.  My husband and kids don't like
the whole grain and whole wheat so I shopped around until I found an
almost white bread with added fiber.  We noticed a big improvement
using this bread over the standard white.

Just some thoughts.  Hope you get it figured out soon.

Cindy, mom to 13 y/o Noah, dx at age 9, pumping since 7/99