[IP] Re: Children pumping

email @ redacted writes:

<< Subject: [IP] Re: Children Pumping
 Hi Susan,
 I'm just sharing this with you - not sure if it will be of help.  I
 pack Noah's lunch for school and write on his paper bag the amount he
 is to bolus.  However, if he is out of range, he knows how to adjust
 for that.  For instance, if his bg is 250, he'll do a correction of
 1.5 (which will drop him 150 pts to 100 - as he  usually gets a 10 pt
 drop per .1 of bolus or 100 pts per 1 unit of bolus).  It works
 great.  He loves that he doesn't have to stand in lunch line!
 Cindy, mom to 13 y/o Noah, dx at age 9, pumping since 7/99

Are you saying that he does all this on his own?----No going to the clinic to
test or bolus? Does anyone observe or does he do it all independently?
Grand-mom to Cory
age 10 ~ dx'd 12/28/98