[IP] Re: basal temperature

There is a simple test you can perform to test your thyroid
function, if you think there is a problem...
This info comes from Smart Medicine For Healthier Living, pg355
(this is not not an exact quote):
Keep a thermometer by your bedside. Every morning for 3 days,
take your temp before getting out of bed or doing anything else
(remain fairly still.) Average the 3 temps. If your average temp
is below 97.5^, in all probability you are suffering from
subclinical hypothyroidism and should discuss your findings with
your dr. Women should avoid the first week of the menstrual cycle
and the few days you are ovulating. Hormonal swings at these
times will cause he readings to be inaccurate (will not reflect
your true temp) and cannot be used to detect subclinical

Hope this helps!

RoseLea said:
> Ok, so this a.m. I took my temp before I got out of bed...
> 97.8.  Does this
> deserve more investigation?
> RoseLea and Max... really wondering about the ole thyroid now...

Take care, Kerri, alulitsuti (mother of many children)
"I have been to the end of the earth. I have been to the end of
the waters. I have been to the end of the sky. I have been to the
end of the mountains. I have found none that are not my friends."
Navajo proverb