Re: [IP] Re: Help with bread please please!!!!!

I always weigh any kind of bread product now, even the store-bought
variety. My husband bakes bread from scratch. As you know, it is next to
impossible to always cut the same size of slice, so I had to figure out a
way to measure the carbs. We did some calculations and came out with a
pretty uniform 13 grams of CHO per ounce of bread. I use this for most
breads, including English Muffins -- they are NEVER what the package says
they are. Many store-bought breads have varying thickness of slices, too.
The brand I sometimes buy will have anywhere from 1.2 to 1.7 ounces per
slice, that is a difference of up to 7 grams of carb! For me, this amount
makes a tremendous difference in my bolus amount.

Good luck!

Mary Jean
MM 507 for 3 1/2 years (already??)