Re: [IP] Basal Temperature

Sometimes I question whether the thyroid tests are all that sensitive to
marginally abnormal thyroid function....  Here's why I say this.

I *was* (stress was) hypothyroid, due to a temporary problem. I was taking
thyroid supplements, and was feeling WAY TOO nervous.  I complained two or
three times, and each time the TSH showed normal...  So, I quit taking it
myself, and a few months later told my endo.  He did another TSH test, and
AGAIN, it came back normal.....  So, did I need supplements or not?  Both
showed my TSH to be normal :)  I was taking 115 ug/day, which is not
insignificant.

I think their normal range is TOO broad to diagnose marginally hypo or hyper
thyroid conditions...

Kevin

--
WB0DPN - Pueblo, Colorado