Re: [IP] type ii and use of lots of insulin

In a message dated 7/8/00 11:04:26 PM US Eastern Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

<< U400 is the insulin used in the internal pump. It's mfg'd in Europe I
 think, don't know much about it. >>

I didn't think they had U400 insulin. I thought it was U500. I know that a
couple of endo visits ago, he mentioned having another type 2 patient on a
pump, then said, "No, she isn't on a pump any more, because she has to take
so much insulin." I asked him why didn't he just put her on U500. He got an
expression on his face like, "Oh, yeah!" and said, "Hmmmm. I haven't
prescribed that for a *long* time!"

Jan (and Elvis)