In a message dated 7/9/00 1:02:21 PM Central Daylight Time, email @ redacted

<< I found your statement connecting dieabetes and prednisone very
 My grandson was on several steroids for 2 years prior to his dx and we also
 have a very strong family history of type 2.  In fact after Cory's dx, the
 pulmonary specialest refused to give me any more steroids for my asthma. >>

I am sorry to hear your of your grandson Cory developing Diabetes while using
Prednisone.  I took some type of "steriods" as a child when I was being seen
at NIH (National Insitutes of Health, in Bethseda MD.)  for Juveinele
Rheumatoid Arthritis. I guess fortunate that I didn't develop Diabetes then.

I am and will probably always be Prednisone dependent as I am unable to walk
when the does is below 10 mg a day.  Hence once reason I am so insulin

The pump has worked but, I still have to inject the bolus.  Hope all is well
for Cory.