[IP] Marcie's problem

Marcie wrote: >>  In the
> 10 days I have put on 20 lbs.:  10 during the first 7 days of the changes
> and 10 the last 2 days---6 just today.  I am so swollen that my skin
> I can't put on any of my shoes and not most of my clothes.  My calorie
> has been around 100 - 1200 the last 2 days and I have tried to be more
> active too.  I feel like sh*&!  I have no energy and I am getting a little
> scared that something is not working right here.  >>

Since we are diabetics and realize there can be a myriad of complications,
I'm going to relate about the DMer who went for a marriage license and had
to have blood tests. She was in ESRD (end stage renal disease). She had no
prior clue. Be sure to look for kidney problems also. The swelling may be
water from lack of kidney function. When you press your thumb near your
ankles, is there a print left like Thumb Print Cookies? That would be from
water and kidney function (or lack thereof) would be another suspect. Get
checked ASAP. {{{{{}}}}}
Jan (61 y/o, T-1 11/5/50, pmpg 8/23/83) & Bluda Sue (MM507C, 3/99)  webpage