Re: [IP] Cholesterol question...

I use the temporary basal decrese whilst doing the swimming and weights.
It gives less insulin per hour and I haven't had anything other then an
adrenaline rush during a comp.
   Also, you may want to reduce the bolus for your meal before the
exercise, and check later before the nezt meal. If you are unduly low,
reduce your meal bolus.
   Aerobic exercise is the main factor in upping the HDL, and lowering
the LDL is usually affected as well....if not, perhaps a mild 'statin'
drug such as mevacor or with your history, pravacol? Lows can be so
avoided now, and I find that lowering the bolus rates and basals for the
time of exercise and up to five hours later can be of help.

Jenny S.