[IP] High Insulin requirements

Alencia writes: <snip>
It is wonderful to know I am not alone when it comes to requiring high
insulin dosage.
I have had numerous health problems so therefore my Doctor has not released
me to work. Regarding cartridge changes. I use the pump for Basal insulin
only. I inject for my premeal boluses.  Therefore the cartridge lasts 2 1/2
days.  One of the reasons I have to inject is, it was taking up to an hour to
get a premeal bolus & I would have to set it 2-3 times to get the amount of
insulin needed for the meal.

How long have you been using the pump? I am hoping that with starting Actos
that one day I will require less insulin and can us the pump for basal and

How much insulin are you able to put in your reservoir?  Is there a limit
on the amount you can bolus?, if so, you can go to the setup menu and raise
the limit. If you have the short cartridge adapter in your pump you can
take it out. Actos will probably help with your basal rate but if you are
this resistant to insulin ask your doc about using U400 in the pump. I
think the MM pump can be factory set to deliver faster. I think it can also
be factory reprogrammed for U400. Spot
A Bender, M. D.