Re: [IP] TSH levels (was TSH levels & also ace inhibitor)

At 02:11 PM 7/9/00 -0400, you wrote:
>In a message dated 7/9/2000 11:03:03 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
>email @ redacted writes:
>............The TSH of 2.4 was still well within the "normal limits"

I have so many doctors now that I am not sure anymore who is responsible
for what. Pre-pump I was seeing a doctor of internal medicine for my
diabetes. He kept up with everything in his field including thyroid. Two
other doctors at different times requested a thyroid profile and were
somewhat concerned with the TSH levels being elevated. If I remember right
the numbers were 34 and 46, anyway they were 30's and 40's. My IM explained
that he was not overly concerned with the numbers on the TSH because all
the other profile numbers were within range. I don't know how the doctors
on the list feel about those but I have to trust my doctors implicitly.
They have the education and hands on experience to study all the variables
and come up with a workable solution. I am not saying that I don't have
input. Since I live with diabetes and its complications 24/7 and have for
39 years I am able to say something about my care. I feel that I have the
best medical team available to me. Not just doctors but also including
nurses and secretaries/receptionists. Anyone want to rent a soapbox?