[IP] IP: Small Lancet Devices

I just received two small lancet devices... or pokers and stabbers as some of
you refer to them.  They both are much smaller than any I had ever seen (even
the flat grey one that came with the fast take I think).  In case anyone is
still searching for one to use with a small carrying kit, I thought I'd
report on them.

Qwik-LET Jr. is about 2 inches long and traingular shaped around with a
diameter of about .75 inches.  It features a cocking mechanism and a lancet
extractor built in to the cover part.  The trigger button is on the bottom of
the poker in the center of the cocking mechanism.  It cost about $10.

Auto-let Jr. is about the same size but does not have a cocking mechanism
which means that you must take the lid off and manually cock it each time. (I
guess they don't believe that anyone would really use a lancet more than
once... haha)  The trigger is also on the bottom of the device.  This one
cost about $7 for two.

You can find both pokers at diabetic.com.  My only problem with that
site/store was that it took them about 4 weeks to get my entire order to me.
They promised me that it was a one time back-order problem and that as a rule
they get orders out within 7 days.  I have decided to use the Qwik -LET Jr.
with my new BLUE Precision QID that all fits very nicely (along with foil
wrapped strips) in a tiny leather zip pouch.  It has come in very handy this
past week when I didn't want to carry anything with me, I just grabbed the
pouch, put it in my pocket and went.

IDDM since age 13 months in 1976... pumping since March 2000 with Tabitha, my
blue MM 508