[IP] new status

It has been a while since I posted anything and I am thrilled to update
everyone on my status. To recap... in Feb. I was told by my endo that he
would prescribe the pump for me but not recommend it. The reasons he gave
were very bogus and from 1994 reading material. So I decided to do some
hunting for a new endo on my own. I called my insurance company who had no
idea of anyone in the area with pump knowledge. I asked people on here that
were helpful but most endo's were an hour away. FINALLY I called a hospital
in the area and talked with a diabetes educator. SHE put me in touch with a
few names of pump dr.s in my area. YEAH!!!! Also there is a pump support
group. I have attended 2 meetings and love it. There is a lot of information
there and it was neat to actually see people wearing them.... Reality sunk
in. Last Monday I saw my NEW endo and he said in 3-6 months I would be on
the pump!!! He likes for his patients to get familiar with carb counting and
all the things associated with the pump. I also have to change insulin. So
we are going to do some intense changes to get me on my way for the pump. He
said it could be sooner then 3 months or more depending on how quick I pick
the stuff up. I am thrilled and would like to thank everyone who has emailed
me in the past with words of encouragement. I am on my way, can't wait to
see how fast the insurance company jumps up and down. :0)
soon to be pumping..... YIPPEE!!!!