Re: [IP] Balance Billing for Pumps

I have a copy of the original bill that Disetronic sent to my insurance.
That amount was discounted (since they're contracted with BC/BS) and I've
not been billed for anything by them.  My insurance contract pays 100% of
durable medical equipment.  I would think that if you had a partial co-pay
that you had to make, say... 20% per your insurance contract, you would be
billed something by the pump company.  But, it was my understanding from
talking to the insurance people at Disetronic that the co-pay in that
instance would be 20% of the approved insurance amount, not the billed
amount.  My statements from my insurance company show the billed amount, the
approved insurance amount, how much the insurance paid, and what my co-pay
would be (if I had one), and that's the amount I would be required to pay
the company... no more than that.

RoseLea and Max...