Re: [IP] Re: Basal testing

> For most people the humalog peaks in 2 hours (with a substantial
> amount left through three hours). A few folks here have said it
> peaks in less time than that for them. So my answer would be change
> your basal at least 2 hours ahead of when you want it to take
> effect.

The graph indicates when the Humalog peaks. It BEGINS to take effect
almost immediately and when dripped as with basal pumping, the effect
is cumulative. You are certainly welcome to experiment, but for most
people, the timing should be close to

1 hour for H
2 hours for R/V

With humalog, after 1 hour, the amount infused is approximately the
same as the amount absorbed so the step created by a basal change
is now at steady state. i.e. the absorbtion is at the maximum rate.
This is similar with regular at the 2 hour point