[IP] More about balance billing...

Dear Group:

I've gotten some direct replies and it seems this has happened quite a
bit. Anyone contemplating an upcoming pump purchase make sure to
carefully read your EOB. If your pump is provided through a contract
between the pump company and your insurance provider, you should not
have to pay a difference (outside of the usual co-pay or whatever
deductible your insurance policy may require, that's why many of us wait
until later in the year to get our pumps..after we've paid the
deductible). In the US, your respective State board of insurance should
have a fraud division that addresses these sorts of questions. Take
advantage of that, if needed. But, make sure to read your EOB carefully.
You should not have to pay the pump company directly for the difference!
Be informed!