Re: [IP] type ii and use of lots of insulin

In a message dated 7/7/00 10:15:42 AM Central Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:
Hi Joni,
<< welcome to the list!  I'm also type II and use more than 200 units/day -
glad to know I'm not the only one who uses lots!   >>

It is wonderful to know I am not alone when it comes to requiring high
insulin dosage.
I have had numerous health problems so therefore my Doctor has not released
me to work. Regarding cartridge changes. I use the pump for Basal insulin
only. I inject for my premeal boluses.  Therefore the cartridge lasts 2 1/2
days.  One of the reasons I have to inject is, it was taking up to an hour to
get a premeal bolus & I would have to set it 2-3 times to get the amount of
insulin needed for the meal.

How long have you been using the pump? I am hoping that with starting Actos
that one day I will require less insulin and can us the pump for basal and