Re: [IP] Balance Billing for Pumps

   Apparently this practice also applies to pump supplies. I was telling
someone in the "know" that Minimed required a 20% payment "up front" for the
cost of the supplies when I first ordered from them, and continued to do so
on subsequent orders, although now they bill me after the fact. The person I
was speaking to also told me to check my EOBs from the insurance company,
because if Minimed is accepting whatever amount has been agreed upon with
this particular company, then asking me for 20% of the FULL amount is
   Stay tuned....I have yet to check all my bills, but it makes a lot of
sense, because I did notice that recent EOBs were nowhere near the amount
billed by Minimed & yet, that discrepancy is not being billed to me??? Guess
the only thing worse than fighting with the insurance companies for what
we're legitimately entitled to...is not having any insurance at all!

Regards, Renee (Melissa's pump mom)