[IP] saving co$t$

> I love the pump but cant afford all the supplies ..Can you give me tips
> on how to make them last longer? I dont have ins right now -my husband
> is self-employed and needless to say the supplies take up a lot of our
> earned $$$ but they are way better than the alternative..please help.
> - -----Jenee

One way many, many of us save some *big* bucks is to use one lancet for 6
months until George Lovelace reminds us to change (New Years and July 4th -
OR time change days). I wonder if Phil can use a few hundred new ones? ;) My
batteries last about 3 months. I think one reason is because I push the
insulin through the tubing by hand without running the batteries. Also, If
my bolus is larger than 5u, I use the down arrow button that begins at 10 -
it's a little quicker and gets to the desired number sooner making less use
of the motor/batteries. I use about 35u total a day of Humalog.
Jan (61 y/o, T-1 11/5/50, pmpg 8/23/83) & Bluda Sue (MM507C, 3/99)  webpage