Re: [IP] Anyone tried Zinc Air batteries?

Thanks Andy for all of the info and battery sources!

Part of my reason for asking about the zinc-air cells, was to
know if they would work at all, so that in a fix, I could at least
use them for a day or two, until I found proper batteries.  Also,
to KNOW that zinc-air will not work, would help avoid trying them
in a desperate situation.

The batteries that I commonly see in the stores, are almost entirely
zinc-air, and after visiting KMart and Walgreens, neither store carried
any silver oxide batteries (at least not in stock on the shelf).....
I take that back - Walgreens did have 357's, but at a HIGH price of
$2.99 each.

I did also find a place that sells the 357's for about $6 for six, and
better deals in quantities (30 batteries for ~$24).    But, again, the
reason for my asking about zinc-air, is to KNOW just in case I need to
find something quick - because the normal silver oxide batteries seem
to be in the minority, with zinc-air being the one taking up space on
the store shelves.