[IP] Coffee, tea, alcohol and me

>Does anyone out there drink at all and if so, how do they monitor their
>blood sugar and
>stay in the normal range?

Hi, Sara.

You've gotten several responses already to your question, but I'll throw in
my two centimes. I live in France and it's very difficult here to avoid
wine. And, in fact, I never have, not even when on MDI. I don't touch hard
alcohol, though, but I didn't drink much of that, either, before I was
diabetic (a long, long time ago in a university far, far away).

I commonly drink a glass or two of wine with dinner. I have never noticed
any effect whatsoever on my bg control. I don't even count the alcohol in
my exchange diet. (Yes, I still use an exchange diet because it's a very
healthy way to eat and it helps control my weight.)

So, my advice is to go ahead and indulge ... moderately ... with little
need to be concerned about bg. Of course, as in all things diabetic, YMMV.

regards, Andy