[IP] Trigger finger et al.

Regarding the ongoing discussion on "trigger finger," "frozen shoulder,"

One interesting facet of these problems is that some, if not many of the
doctors involved don't believe they are really related to diabetes. I had
one otherwise-excellent surgeon express this belief: that all the stories of
diabetics having these problems was mostly anecdotal.

At least we have plenty of anecdotes on this list!

Anyway, two or three physical therapists I've been to (with excellent
results) told me they didn't think much of the doctors' idea. They had seen
too many diabetics with trigger fingers and frozen shoulders to believe
there was no relation.

But I wonder if this means there's been a lack of decent research in this
area so far. I've certainly heard nothing about it. Anyone else?

Keith Johnson
Fleischmann Planetarium
email @ redacted
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."