Re: [IP] Trigger finger...er, thumb?

Hi Sammi,

I am 40 years old and have had Diabetes for 30 years. I've had 7 of my 10
trigger fingers released.  5 by an Orthopaedic Surgeon (1989) and 2 by a
Plastic Surgeon  (1997).  It's been 3 yrs since my last 2 and all fingers are
fine.  As u explained they all locked either straight or bent.  Mostly bent
and I could not straighten them out.

The Orthopaedic Surgeon,  who specialized in "Surgery of the Hand and Upper
Extremity" labeled it as "Stenosing flexor tenosynovitis".  At first he
prescribed me Naprosyn (375 milligrams twice daily) and gave me an extensor
splint to use at night.  Then he tried steroid injections which helped for a
while but eventually I had the surgery (operation: Flexure tenovaginotomy
with proximal A1 pulley left middle finger).  I took this info. from my
medical records when I got your email.

I am happy to share anything that you might need.  Just let me know.