[IP] RE: Drinking Alcohol

Hi Sara,

I'm still waiting for insurance approval for a pump (currently using MDI) so
I don't have any experience with drinking alcohol and using a pump. However
I do drink alcohol occasionally. I noticed I can't drink a beer or a mixed
drink (such as margaritas) without my bloodsugar going skyhigh. I've never
managed to figure out how much Humalog to take to counteract without risking
going low. I can drink a glass of red wine (Merlot or Cabernet Sauvignin)
without it doing much with my bloodsugar, though anymore than a glass and it
starts rising a little.

My 2 pennies