Re: [IP] RE: Trigger finger...er, thumb?

In a message dated 7/7/00 10:16:00 AM, email @ redacted writes:

<< I can't help believing that "trigger finger,"  "frozen shoulder," game

keepers thumb" and whatever name we might  find for the hip thingy are all

the same malady.  >>

I remember one summer when I was taking physical therapy for a frozen
shoulder at a nearby hospital, and then drove a few miles down the road to
see the hand surgeon about trigger fingers.  I had the midway place all
picked out if I ever got an elbow problem.  Is "gamekeepers thumb" by any
chance deQuervaines?  Had injections and surgery for that, too.  A
rheumatologist I once saw told me my hip problem is DISH, or (as I recall)
Diffuse Idiopathic Skeletal Hypertrophy.  Still not sure he wasn't just
making fun of me.  I can keep it from causing me much pain by staying pretty
thin -- the most painful part was always rolling on my side at night, but
walking could be a problem too (not in recent years :-) )  Looked like my
heel spur on the xray.

Linda Z